Date produced: 1959
UCLA Film and Television Archive list of titled amateur films
"On bicycle and afoot, Stan Midgley, humorist and photographer, explored some of the more inaccessible points of the Canadian Rockies. The result of his adventures is 'Awheel and Afoot in the Canadian Rockies'." Battle Creek Enquirer, Oct. 16, 1959, 26.
This film is a part of the Stan Midgley Collection held by the UCLA Film & Television Archive.
Screening references: Battle Creek Enquirer, Sept. 27, 1959, 23; San Bernadino Sun, Oct. 7, 1960, 41; Tuscon Daily Citizen, Dec. 7, 1976.
- Banff, Alberta (Filming)
- Lake Louise, Alberta (Filming)
- Moraine Lake, Alberta (Filming)
- Yoho Valley, BC (Filming)
- Twin Falls, BC (Filming)
- Emerald Lake, BC (Filming)
- Lake O’Hara, BC (Filming)
- Herbert Lake, Alberta (Filming)
- Bow Lake, Alberta (Filming)
- Bow Summit and Peyto Lookout, Alberta (Filming)
- Saskachewan River Valley, Alberta (Filming)
- Sunwapta Summit, Alberta (Filming)
- Athabaska Glacier, Alberta (Filming)
- The Columbia Icefields, Alberta (Filming)
- Mt. Edith Cavell, Alberta (Filming)
- Angel Glacier, Alberta (Filming)
- Amethyst Lake Tonquin Valley, Alberta (Filming)
- Valley of a Thousand Galls, BC (Filming)
- Berg Lake, BC (Filming)
- Mt. Robson, BC (Filming)
Stan Midgley Collection, UCLA Film and Television Archive
- Screened as part of Kingman Museum's Wildlife Picture Series in October of 1959: Battle Creek, MI
- Screened at the San Bernardino Municipal Auditorium in October of 1960: San Bernadino, CA
- Screened at the University of Arizona in December of 1976: Tuscon, AZ
"Reel 1: Banff…The Gondola Lift…Banff Springs Hotel… Indian Days of celebration…The Chair lift…Mountain Sheep… Johnson Canyon…Bears…Sunrise at Lake Louise… Lake Louise Sedan Lift… Lake Agnes… The Big Beehive…The Plain of the Six Glaciers…Mt. Fairview…Moraine Lake and the Valley of Ten Peaks…The Continental Divide…The Spiral Tunnels…Steam engines on the Canadian Pacific Railway…Takakkaw Falls 1,200 feet high...Yoho Valley…Twin Falls…Emerald Lake…Lake O’Hara.
Reel 2: Lake Louise..Herbert Lake…Bow Lake…Now Summit and Peyto Lookout…Saskachewan River Valley.. Moose…Sunwapta Summit…Athabaska Glacier…The Columbia Icefields Lodge…Mt. Edith Cavell… The Angel Glacier…Amethyst Lake Tonquin Valley… Mountain goats…Valley of a Thousand Galls…Berg Lake…Mt. Robson and the Tumbling Glacier…Maligne Lake." Via UCLA Film and Television Archive.