Still image from Lullaby in Eastman Kodak's How to Make Good Movies.
Date produced: 1931
American Cinematographer Amateur Movie Makers Contest, 1932 - Second Place
American Cinematographer Amateur Movie Makers Contest, 1932 - Equipment Prize, William J. German cash prize of $25.00 for the picture having the best composition
American Cinematographer Amateur Movie Makers Contest, 1932 - Equipment Prize, Home Movie Scenarios Inc. one HMS matte box and choice of any HMS filter
IAC Film Collection, East Anglian Film Archive
"Possibly the most outstanding features of Okamoto's work were his photography and composition. Many regarded his photography as the finest that had ever been put on motion picture film." American Cinematographer, Dec. 1932, 7.
"Second prize was awarded to Tatsuichi Okamoto of Matsuyama, Japan. Title of his single reeler is 'Lullaby,' which depicts the emotions of a mother singing to her child." Variety, Dec. 13, 1932, 2.
The film's equipment prize winnings in the American Cinematographer contest of 1932 are listed in American Cinematographer (Jan. 1933, 25).
This film is a part of the Institute of Amateur Cinematographers Collection held by the East Anglian Film Archive.
Institute of Amateur Cinematographers Collection, East Anglian Film Archive
- Screened at Eastman's Little Theatre on Dec. 6, 1932: Hollywood, CA
- Screened by the Bell & Howell Company at the Chicago Century of Progress fair in 1933: Chicago, IL
- Screened by the Kansas City Cinema Club in 1933: Kansas City, MO
- Screened at the Indianapolis Public Library's Cropsey Auditorium in 1933: Indianapolis, IN
- Pendleton (Oregon) Movie Club, Aug. 10, 1933: Pendleton, OR
- Movie Makers of Grand Rapids, Aug. 19, 1933: Grand Rapids, MI
- Amateur Cinema Club of the Oranges, Aug. 20, 1933: Orange, NJ
- Amateur Cinema Club of Ossing (NY), Aug. 26, 1933: Ossing, NY
- Greater Oakland Motion Picture Club, Aug. 28, 1933: Oakland, CA
- Cinema Club of San Francisco, Aug. 29, 1933: San Francisco, CA
- Camera Club of Philadelphia, Sept. 11, 1933: Philadelphia, PA
- Amateur Movie Club of Austin (MN), Sept. 15, 1933: Austin, MN
- Hudson City Cine Club (NJ), Sept. 20, 1933: Jersey City, NJ
- Amateur Cinema League of Newark, Sept. 26, 1933: Newark, NJ